The Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue Inc is an all volunteer, foster based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing of abused, neglected and at risk Beagles and Beagle mix dogs. Weendeavor to reduce pet overpopulation by educating the public and spaying/neutering all of our Beagles prior to adoption. We shall be a continuing source of information to the community on the behavior and special qualities of the Beagle breed.
All Beagles in our care will live in a safe, nurturing environment. They will be happy, playful and energetic. We will provide important medical care (including shots, worming, heartworm testing/treatment and other necessary procedures) to ensure that the Beagles are healthy. We will also provide comprehensive rehabilitation for severely neglected / abused Beagles so that they can learn to trust and love people.
When they are ready, the Beagles will be placed in loving, permanent homes. We will make a special effort to place Beagles with special needs (including older Beagles or those with on-going medical problems) into good homes. We will also try to ensure that foster families and adoptive families will be very satisfied with their experiences with us so that they will gladly refer friends and families to our organization.
- We are dedicated to finding loving, permanent homes for all the Beagles in our care. We believe that rescued Beagles can be rehabilitated. With appropriate training, socialization, and medical care, they will be loving, loyal companion animals.
- We know that collaboration with community organizations, including animal shelters, Humane Societies, and other animal welfare groups is critical to our long-term success.
- We base our decisions on knowledge of the Beagle breed and our experiences working with rescued Beagles. We make every effort to match beagles to appropriate homes based on age, personality and needs of the individual dog.
- We have high expectations of ourselves, our volunteers, and our foster families.By working together, we know that we can save animals that might not otherwise find good homes.
- All of our volunteers (including fosters) will be knowledgeable about Beagles and about our organization.
- We will treat animals and people with kindness and respect.
- We will be helpful, reliable and professional in all our dealings.
Short and Long Term Goals
- To develop and maintain funds for medical care, routine care and facility maintenance.
- To spay/neuter and microchip all dogs prior to adoption.
- To increase our capacity to positively impact animals by:To build long-term relationships with foster families, adoptive families and community organizations.
- Adopting at least 25 dogs per month into permanent, loving homes.
- Targeting hard-to-adopt dogs, including senior dogs and those with special needs.
- Increasing the community's awareness of our organization.
- Building our network of volunteers and foster homes.
History of our Organization
In 1999, Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue began as a simple effort when Betty Roberts, the founder and former president, helped a single Beagle in need. Over the next few years, she began to help rehome stray and abandoned Beagles with the help of one or two volunteers. In 2003, a group of volunteers made a commitment to saving Beagles and organized the Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue Inc. into a nonprofit organization. By working together, we began to impact more Beagles, increasing our adoptions from 54 beagles in 2003 to 307 beagles in 2008!!! Our volunteers and foster families are located throughout the State of Florida. Our Beagles have been adopted by families all around Florida. We are continually striving to help more Beagles, but we need the help of dedicated volunteers and foster homes to accomplish our goals!
Approved by the board of directors in March 2009.